In our combined 40 years of service, we have found many reasons for air conditioning failure. The single biggest reason is lack of maintenance. As compared to a car that only runs while you are in the seat, an air conditioner in the Florida Keys runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, approximately 9 months of the year. Car owners take their cars for regular maintenance; oil changes, brakes, tune-ups, etc., but air conditioning owners generally do not give their units a second thought until they break down. We believe that with bi-annual maintenance, unit efficiency will increase while senseless breakdowns will decrease.
For a very reasonable price, our maintenance agreement provides you with regular system upkeep. We will visit your house twice a year and perform the following:
1. Refrigerant Level check
2. Disconnect Switch inspection
3. Condenser Coil cleaning
4. Condensate Line clearing (We cannot guarantee that a foreign object will not re-clog line.
5. Starting Capabilities test
6. Measurement of Compressor Amp Draw to specifications
7. Electrical Motor Performance measurement
8. Measurement of capacitors to be within specifications
9. Safety Controls test
10. Inspection of main switching relay for arching or pitting
11. Lubrication of motors as needed
12. Check and adjustment of thermostat calibration
13. Check and tightening of high voltage connections
14. Check and tightening of control wiring and connections
15. Check air flow
16. Check of air filter condition and size
17. Measurement for proper air temperature readings
18. Inspection of duct connections at unit
19. Inspection of piping to be free of vibration or wear
20. Check of outdoor fan motor bearing wear
21. Monitoring for proper operation
**Even though we will check/change filter during planned maintenance visits, homeowner is responsible for changing filter monthly.
Along with above services, you will also receive:
1. A 10% discount on all other service calls
2. No overtime charges
3. 24 Hour emergency service
4. Priority service
The agreement expires one year after the date it is purchased and provides two planned check-ups during that year – one in the spring and one in the fall. It is designed to meet or exceed all manufacturer and extended warranty requirements for system maintenance and surpasses the Federal Government Energy Star recommendations.
The price schedule is as follows:
Additional systems…additional $95 each
Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at 305-289-9515. We sincerely look forward to continuing our relationship.